Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have just enough sand for them to dig under, and they some times do, mostly they are at the top. Yes they are nassarius. Do you think I need more sand? My tank use to be bare bottom but it got ugly so I added just a little sand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
I don't know that there is a minimum sand depth, but they do seem to like to be covered.

The only times mine would climb the glass, is when they smelled food in the water. Maybe something in your tank is tricking them :eek:

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Nassarius are intertidal...they will move up the shoreline as the tide moves up...many will move back down, but many remain on the sand after the tide retreats..they'll bury a little and wait for the tide to return. I don't have Nassarius, but I have loads of Ilynassa from LI, and there are always loads of them on the glass. They find plenty of food there...they don't scrape algae, but there's plenty of nutrition on the algae and any biofilm on the glass.

Cibo

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
At times I find my Nassarius on top at the water line, I think they feed on the stuff that get stuck on the glass at the water line, I just push them down when they do it!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: