KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
This event has been indefinitely postponed due to the recent storms.

On Saturday Nov 10th the Nassau County Aquarium Society will be holding their Giant Fish Auction!

There will be huge amounts of fish/plants/used equipment up for auction.

I will add more details to this post regarding how the auction works.

See details/directions here:
http://www.ncasweb.org/

More info about the event is in Post # 6 below.

Last edited:

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
98% of it yes. But the people who donate equipment sometimes bring SW items. We are an aquarium society whose mission is to interest people in the hobby of fishkeeping, whether FW or SW, a number of our members have interest in both.
You never know what people will show up with :)

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Unfortunately we have to cancel this event due to the Hurricane and the loss of power to so many folks. We hope to reschedule the event very soon. Thank you for your understanding.

Can anyone just go and show up?

Have you ever went, how is the fish and invert selection?

Thanks

Yes, the event is open to anyone who wants to be there :)
The only 'fee' is a donation of $2 for a bidder card (if you are donating fish/equipment, then the bidding card is free).

There is a HUGE amount of FW fish at this auction.

..and yes, I have attended every one we have held..they make me, as I am the president of the hosting club :)

More Info about the event:

Door open at 9:30 AM for Auction Entires & Viewing.
Viewing lasts until 10:45 AM and the Auction starts at 11:00 AM and lasts until we auction off everything.

In the morning we will have coffee & donuts (for purchase). At lunchtime, we will be selling hot dogs, soda, water & chips. There are some food places a few blocks away, but we do not take a break for lunch - we auction right through it!

Items may be brought in for 100% donation (to the club), 50/50 split or 60/40 split if you are donating 6 or more bags of fish/plants.

There is a parking lot attached to the church, please park in marked stalls only and respect the quietness of the residental area where this church is located..thanks!

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: