Cvaughn1062

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
hey guys, so recently a sps frag I got from a vendor to try started showing color, baught 1 colony and it did well, soooo.... baught 2 more, haven't really been reading up on anything, just kinda buying sps colonys and putting them on this 1 flat piece of rock, now I got about 3 frags and 5 colonys, out of witch only 1 is giving me problems, its a wite sps w a shade of green near the tips, the back and base are a little wited out, but other than that it seems ok, a piece broek off in the bag and the little frag is doing well 2, but the part it split from is browning out. any ideas? shud I move it down ? cant get a good picture of the piece because its wite and hard to photograph.

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Only thing I can say to somewhat help. Alk has to be stable at reasonable level. Phosphate levels got to be low. Along with proper temp and lighting. But before buying more SPS. Make sure your water par is at right levels. Test your water weekly so you know if your levels are stable. So test for Alk , Cal, Mag. SPS are addicting . White tips are a sign of growth. Usually white at base is not a good sign and frag SPS if it's bleaching. Key in keeping SPS is water par staying at same level. A better picture would help.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: