reefer4eva

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
282   0   0
Honestly ..I would wait till the test shows zero for ammonia,ammo lock works wonders but it only makes it not as lethal and inverts like crabs and snails are more delicate than fish.the last thing you need is anything dying to promote more ammonia ,then your back to square one.with that being said the fact that its only a 10 gallon tank I wouldn't take a chance adding anything to the tank except beneficial bacteria to help in the process.also I'm with Kathy on not using tap water as this could pose a threat on other water quality issues. tap water has phosphates,nitrates,harsh metals,chlorine and fluoride.all of these can promote algae.

Sharkbait420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He has a 10G tank, so he would only use 1ml..5 X too much would be OD'ing a 10 g tank. :(

Manta..what's going on with the tank now?

It might be ODing but it will have no negative affects on his tank. There is a point were it because useless to add more but if he really wants to he could add a whole bottle and his tank will be fine. When i was interning at the DEC I used to just dump a couple of bottled in the large holding tanks. For the 10 gallon tanks I had squirt bottles full of it and will just squirt a bunch in each tank. A low estiment will be 2 capfuls in each of the 10 gallons.

timberwolfny

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
ammonia lock and prime will give false readings on api test kits. Since it does not remove the ammonia. Nitrite and nitrate i would not worry too much just leads to an algae explosion. for reference read this http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2005-06/rhf/index.php#6

I would try to seed with bacteria either a dirty sponge or used carbon from a friends tank that has no disease or a bacteria starter in a bottle

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: