Wolverine57

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.4%
246   4   0
I finally got everything I need to setup my Calicum Reactor. Just need some help on how to connect everything. I do not have a manual or instruction since I've purchase the reactor used from a member here.

OK, I have a MRC CR-2 Dual Reactor, Mag 2 pump, 5lb CO2 tank, and Milwaukee Co2 Regulator w/solenoid/bubble counter as you can see in the picture.
Here are a few photo just taken, appreciate your input. edit the pictures and draw lines showing how to connect.

Thank you
MRCCR2Dual005.jpg

MRCCR2Dual001.jpg

MRCCR2Dual002.jpg

junglebase

Will always be a Newbie..
Rating - 99.4%
166   1   0
Hey Johnny, i think you should get a PH controller for precautionary reasons. imo, that is one essential in running a Calcium Reactor... unfortunately i am not familiar with dual chamber reactors so I cannot be of help hooking it up.

qy7400

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Something doesn't look right with the lids you have, the right cylinder should have the pump both suction and return. The right lid should have a ?” fitting that feeds the left cylinder bottom with the needle valve on the top to control the output drip rate. The black ?” tubing from the center of the pump T is the CO2 feed and should connect to the bubble counter on the regulator and finally the ?” barb is the supply from the tank.

cr_3d1_323.jpg

ecvernon

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
mrc

1. red is fishtank pump input
2.orange is co2 input from bubble counter/solenoid.. with with black co2 resistant tubing
3. dark green is recirculation pump output going to top of fist chamber
(1st chamber does not need a needle valve 2nd chamber needs one that is the final output for the effluent)
4.yellow going to bottom of second chamber(low ph effluent passes again through media in second chamber)
5.light green should have a needle valve that is the final output to your tank/sump

hope i got that right. thats how mines looks to me

Attachments

• MRCCR2Dual005.jpg
    MRCCR2Dual005.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 994

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
I have the exact same reactor and regulator.....been running it for years..very reliable.....the pic with drawn corrections is right.

I use a MJ1200 as the feed pump and a Mag 2 as the booster
IMG_0241.jpg

IMG_0243.jpg

set the regulator at 10lbs pressure and then set the bubble count and discharge drip to keep the cal and alk level you want to keep. I also use a cup to catch the drip with a PH probe in it so I'll know when something isn't right....
IMG_0242.jpg

Last edited:

ecvernon

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
my setup

the parts i have in red are the pieces i added so that i can monitor the PH level of the effluent in the 1st chamber.

for the media that i am using i need the 1st chamber PH level to be between 6.5-6.7 and NOT BELOW.
during maintenance i get a cup and open the valve and take a sample from the 1st chamber so i can monitor the effluent PH level.

I will be doing this until I install an Inline ph probe holde, or insert a PH probe holder into the top of my 1st chamber. then i will let my aqua controller junior turn the CO2 on or off depending on the PH of the 1st chamber

Attachments

• DSC00079.JPG
    DSC00079.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 868

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: