motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
my alk stays table at 8-8.5 it doesnt swing, calcium i dose every couple days, mag stays pretty stable it goes from 1400 to maybe 1275-1300 between water changes..

james, i dont dip any of my corals.. its odd bc it had pollyp extension.. then dead.. lol sps is so stressfull.. right now im working on getting all my levels back down

doin g a 50g water change today... so hopefully one or 2 a week will get it down for now.. ill look into a doser..

jarett, i used API, which showed po4 was at .50 then i tested with a hanna and it showed .84(wow) i bought a hanna yesterday. also my test kit showed that no3 was at 0, when tested with a salifert kit it showed 35 which i never had issues with nitrates.. so something is up... just gotta figure out what..

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
unless you do water changes every day your alk will swing.corals use alk through the day.there is no way your alk can stay stable through the week if you do a water change once a week even if your using ESV.im not disputing the fact that your daily test of alk is good but maybe your test kit is wrong.i use a reactor and its always 10.2 when my reactor went down for a day my alk dropped to 8.4 and my purple cap started to bleach.even if you are in range of lets say 11.0 and through the week its 8.2 your corals will be effected in that swing even though its in the safe range for alk

motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
my water out of the tap is 8ish so when i make mt salt it tays there and when i test thru the week is always 8ish.. when i try to make it 10 or 11 is when i have swings.. so i leave it at 8ish.. i havent had problems with alk since i strarted doing that abt 8 months ago..

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: