BigEarsNYC

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hello reefers,

For the past few weeks I've been trying to build my new water change system so the water will drain directly to the kitchen sink. I've run into a snag and would like to throw this out there in hopes that maybe someone understands plumbing better than I do or maybe you have run into the same problem and can recommend a solution.

In short - I bought a faucet siphon kit that connects to faucet on one end and a garden hose adapter on the side. The problem is that the adapter does not fit onto my faucet. The picture attached shows my faucet with the aerator removed exposing a copper pipe. The exposed pipe is about 3/4" long and the 55/64 - 27 threads are located at the TOP of the pipe. The white adapter in the picture is designed for threads located at the BOTTOM of an exposed pipe/faucet.

What to do??

Ideally, I need a LONG 55/64-27 FEMALE to 3/4 MALE garden hose adapter and I do not believe this exists. I've contacted NY Plumbing Replacement, Ferguson, Home Depot, Lasco, Delta, Amazon....and I've come up short.

One idea is to piece two adapters together, or connect a hose to the copper then an adapter to the siphon.

ANY and ALL ideas will be appreciated as it may trigger me to think of other options.

Best

Attachments

• 20150921_120838.jpg
    20150921_120838.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 237

BigEarsNYC

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I will certainly consider some kind of universal adapter but I'm not sure that device will fit over the faucet. Here is a picture of the faucet with the aerator attached. I think it is call a 'goose neck' faucet.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: