D

DA fisherman

Okay I have my 55g tank cycling for 15 days. I bought some live rock from a pet shop and some from other peoples, since I got my knew light I'm starting to notice some wired stuff lol,
1st theres a thing that looks like a tubeworm and a anemone mix don't have a clue what it is .
2nd some stuff on the rocks that look like zoas but with out the beautiful colors :-/ mind you these all came out the rock as soon as I got the lights ...(the freaks come out at lights) lolz
3rd what's a SPS ??? And a LPS coral ?? Just trying to keep yah on yah toes :)

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 99

basiab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
Most things you can let grow. The anemone looks like the pest kind and now is a good time to get rid of it. Take the rock out and remove the thing as best you can with a tweezer then brush spot with a tooth brush and pour boiling water on it slowly.
SPS and LPS are different kinds of coral. LPS usually do not need bright light and SPS do and are more difficult to take care of.
You need to read.

D

DA fisherman

Rating - 100%
117   0   0
Yo know what gato I took a look on YouTube and it looks just like what you said :-( Since you answered that one for me what is this lol I gave all kind of crazy crap lol thanks man

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 89
T

THEDLO

Rating - 100%
117   0   0
just average polyps. SPS stands for small polyp stony, they are much more demanding when it comes to water quality. and LPS stands for Large polyp stony :) scraping that aiptasia wont do much cause it will only grow back, get some of THIS

D

DA fisherman

Rating - 100%
117   0   0
Just when I Tought it stood for Local Pet Shop(LMAO) yeah I'm going to take it out and fry the thing :)

D

DA fisherman

Rating - 100%
117   0   0
By the way thanks...I been freaking out since yesterday when I noticed it.

D

DA fisherman

Rating - 100%
117   0   0
Yeah it's a slow process on my side of things lol....

dnreef

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
That first picture definately looks like aiptasia. They can spread like wildfire and are often hitchhikers on live rock. Sometimes they are very small and hard to notice. Getting rid of aiptasia always provokes a lot of different opinions but I use peppermint shrimp. This has always worked for me. Unfornately for the peppers, if I don't feed my wrasses for a couple of days the shrimp end up as dinner!

D

DA fisherman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Yeah well I freaked out and put the rock over open flame the boild it :)

D

DA fisherman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Had too if not I wouldn't sleep tonight ,lolz

D

DA fisherman

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
@ imbarrie I might try that next time I run into pest problem ;-) lolz

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: