AquaDan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I've got two 36" BuildMyLed fixtures that I'm trying to program to ramp up and down but I can't seem to get it right. I can get them to turn on and off at designated times but I cannot figure out how to dim them. I'm using the Apex Lite with the VDM module and I have a dimming cable for each fixture. Also for some reason, each fixture will dim briefly every 2 minutes, 11seconds. I used this how to guide on reefs.com and followed it to the letter (i think) but does not seem to be working.

http://www.reefs.com/blog/2012/12/1...-lights-with-neptune-systems-apex-controller/

Please check out my pics to give you an idea of the profiles that I set up. Any ideas/help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• Dashboard.jpg
    Dashboard.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 210
  • Day Time Profile1.PNG
    Day Time Profile1.PNG
    7 KB · Views: 198
  • Day Time Profile2.PNG
    Day Time Profile2.PNG
    7.1 KB · Views: 248
  • Outlet 3 Programming.PNG
    Outlet 3 Programming.PNG
    8.3 KB · Views: 261
  • Outlet 5 Programming.PNG
    Outlet 5 Programming.PNG
    8.4 KB · Views: 242
  • Ramp Down Profile1.PNG
    Ramp Down Profile1.PNG
    6.9 KB · Views: 190
  • Ramp Down Profile2.PNG
    Ramp Down Profile2.PNG
    6.9 KB · Views: 197
  • Ramp up Profile 1.PNG
    Ramp up Profile 1.PNG
    7.2 KB · Views: 262
  • Ramp Up Profile2.PNG
    Ramp Up Profile2.PNG
    6.8 KB · Views: 202
  • VDM Port Programming1.PNG
    VDM Port Programming1.PNG
    8.8 KB · Views: 217
  • VDM Port Programming2.PNG
    VDM Port Programming2.PNG
    9 KB · Views: 291

AquaDan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Could you show the programming for VarSpd1_I1, VarSpd2_I2, VarSpd3_I3 and VarSpd4_I4?

VarSpd1_I1 is the above Pic with profile name: "RFIXUP"
VarSpd2_I2 is the above pic with the profile name: "LFIXUP"
VarSpd3_I3 is the above pic with the profile name: "RFIXDAY"
VarSpd4_I4 currently does not have anything programmed so its just a default pump outlet.

Rating - 100%
164   0   0
The Var ports show up as outlets (at least on mine). On the dashboard click on the text "VarSpd1_I1" and the outlet configuration page should come up. It should not be a profile as far as I know. You then apply a profile to an outlet.

Rating - 100%
298   0   0
Ok, lets see..

You have total of 4 actual outlets (Rt.Fixture-(3_3) , Lt.Fixture-(3_5) , BluLED and WhtLED ) ?

I think once you add a VDM module, BluLED and WhtLED appears? Its probably for AI leds settings.

You dont need any commands in there and should have them always on. Its the virtual outlets (VarSpd... ) that will be controlling all of your dimming, on and off, you can put (If Temp > 82 Then Off) in your VarSpd settings.

Thats why you need to set you VarSpd with profiles.

Last edited:

AquaDan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
The Var ports show up as outlets (at least on mine). On the dashboard click on the text "VarSpd1_I1" and the outlet configuration page should come up. It should not be a profile as far as I know. You then apply a profile to an outlet.

Thanks man, Here you go...

Attachments

• VarSpd1.GIF
    VarSpd1.GIF
    66 KB · Views: 172
  • VarSpd2.GIF
    VarSpd2.GIF
    58.6 KB · Views: 183
  • VarSpd3.GIF
    VarSpd3.GIF
    56.5 KB · Views: 242
  • VarSpd4.GIF
    VarSpd4.GIF
    74 KB · Views: 254

AquaDan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Ok, lets see..

You have total of 4 actual outlets (Rt.Fixture-(3_3) , Lt.Fixture-(3_5) , BluLED and WhtLED ) ?

I think once you add a VDM module, BluLED and WhtLED appears? Its probably for AI leds settings.

You dont need any commands in there and should have them always on. Its the virtual outlets (VarSpd... ) that will be controlling all of your dimming, on and off, you can put (If Temp > 82 Then Off) in your VarSpd settings.

Thats why you need to set you VarSpd with profiles.

Yes you're correct, the VDM adds BluLED and WhtLED. I think I get it, now. I'll try making those adjustments. Thank you very much!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: