AquaDan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Ok everyone, I straightened out the leveling on the tank. It is now level from side to side and front to back. I refilled the tank and sump on 2-3-13. I cut the drain pipes so that they now hang about 1 inch above the water line in the sump but now i'm getting a ton of noise from the water pouring into the sump. Its actually louder than my overflows now. seems to be coming out with a lot of force as well. The water in my overflows no longer fluctuates but there's about a 3 inch drop off from the overflow wall into the water which continues to cause the waterfall sound. I have also drilled bigger holes (3/16") in my durso pipes but still getting the waterfall effect. My next move is to put some airline tubing into the holes on the durso pipes or try the Hofer Gurgle Buster. Please take a look at my pics and my latest youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-d582JjSbI

and see what you can think of. Thanks everyone.

Attachments

• Left Overflow.jpg
    Left Overflow.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 56

Coral Theory

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
AquaDan,

Great to hear that the fluctuation in the overbox has stopped. As for the drain pipe being above the water, try to place in 1/2" into the water. See if that creates a siphon from the drain. If it does, then you will see the overflow box water lvl go up and down again.

An alternative is to do a elbow with a tee on the drain outlet. This would not cause a siphon and also will allow you to have the drain piping inside the water.

Hope this helps.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: