D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
You can try live black worms ,he may take to it. Also try tobiko (sushi eggs) if that doesnt work then come by ill give you some cheato

grknyer

Official Lurker
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I'm pretty sure New World Aquarium has them.Call them but I bet you it's going to be pretty expesive caviar. Try and borrow some cheato from someones fuge.Good luck.

Oh Oh I hear sirens , must be the mandarin police coming to get you!! LOl

Attachments

• police_clipart.gif
    police_clipart.gif
    9.2 KB · Views: 114

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Ronen is offering you chaeto because his is loaded with pods due to maturity of his tank.
btw - too often when a Mandarin stops eating, due to whatever reason including the lack of an available food supply, they too frequently do not resume eating even if a supply becomes available and waste away.

Not sure how new your tank is as I see pics in your gallery from this January where it looks like you were just setting up...but Mandarins should only be kept in well established tanks. Perhaps you might consider getting your Mandarin to another reefer who has an established tank with a large pod population - until your population grows back. Even with the donation from Ronen, your Mandarin is going to motor through those pods quickly.

Where on LI are you located?

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
BTW the tobiko cost $5 for about 5 to 6 OZ It last me for over 3 weeks and th ethrow out the rest due to frost bite ;)

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Becareful some places sell pods ,but you cant see any pods in the bag. Also check some of the expiration dates on some pods. I know copepods are small ,but why pay so much for a bag with water and maybe they are inside. If anything buy triger pods they are bigger and at least you know youre buying pods. Cause you can see them. JMO

Reedmaricultures carries triger pods ,if you need any

Fishtown may have them to ,Yes thats right i said fishtown the man need pods :D

Omega

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Lol. Kathy, I live in Carle Place. I established my tank November 06. And your right, He does motor through pods. I had a great supply. My refugium is loaded with pods. But I kind of wanted to keep them in there. I might have to make a trip to queens.(FT) I cant even say it... Anyway thank you all for your advice. Call you later Ronen.

tripstank

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
They have a great deal 3 bottles of tigger pods, a bottle of phyto feast, and a bottle of rotifeast for 68.00 plus shipping, which for me turned into 82.00. New World sells tigger pods for 25.00 a bottle!!!!! And I don't think they feed them!

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Omega ,.

You can take you cheato from the fuge and put in the main taank and shake it in the water a bit to reseed your tank . You can also you 2 small piece of rock, put them both in the fuge for a week and then take one out put it in your tank for a few days and switch the rocks ,that should seed your tank just as good. And ofcousre the cheato i have for you. I have a few piece of small LR in my sump that you can have

Omega

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Omega ,.

You can take you cheato from the fuge and put in the main taank and shake it in the water a bit to reseed your tank . You can also you 2 small piece of rock, put them both in the fuge for a week and then take one out put it in your tank for a few days and switch the rocks ,that should seed your tank just as good. And ofcousre the cheato i have for you. I have a few piece of small LR in my sump that you can have

Thank you so much for the advice Ronen. Your like a plethera of reef knowledge!! Lol. Your the best man. I'll be in touch if I need the rock. I'm determined to solve this myself. Keep you posted...

Besides I have to watch out for the "Mandrin Police". I'll be intouch w you to Kathy If things start going awry.. Thank you for everything.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: