b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 87.8%
79   11   0
I am asking for suggestions for my 240 gallon 5 long tank

1. which pump would you go with? I keep hearing about these gold hammerheads

2. which sump would you go with? I have gotten suggestions as far as the reef octopus, and ets sumps

these both will be in my refugium/sump which is located in my basement underneath the tank. the tank is a 75 gallon long. i am thinking about upgrading to a 125 long for they say the more volume of water you have the easier it is to maintain.

unless you can think how i can run both tanks. one as my sump, the other as my refugium

any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated, or any other input would be great

motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
1. i like the pump.
2. custon make a sump, or use the biggest one you can
3. what the hell if you got the room 75g refugium, 125g sump..

the sump on the floor, the fuge sitting higher thn the sump, have one drain into the sump one into the fuge have the fuge drain into the sump.. have the sump pump all the water back up .. so the fuge is only gravity fed and gravity drained...

jcohen9999

Overkill Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
+1 on the cascade recommendation.

Look into Rubbermaid stock tanks for fuge/sump use. Check the first few pages of my overkill reef thread for basement ideas. (I think you can click on my home page button to get there).

Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Bigger the better ,the more water u have in ur system the better off u are I have a 120 gallon tank in my living room plumbed threw the floor to the basement to a 40 sump a 90 fuge and a 30 frag tank so looking at the tank u would think its a 100 gallons of water but its almost double the water ,u can add more fish to ur main tank

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: