nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Im reading it all and taking it in :)

I've been reading up on other places as well. Not sure if I should save some more and get a D60. Everyone seems to feel that way and all you guys can't be wrong. I'm gonna head over to a b&h just to check them out in person.

Why are the VR lenses better?

Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
After doing some extensive research I have decided to go with the olympus waterproof and shock proof camera... All I wanted was to see a serious polyp shot and I can get a 0.02mm macro shot with this cam without having to change lenses on the body.. I've seen Blackbeard's macro shot's and all I can say is wow.. He let me borrow his canon sx110is and I took some okay shot's, because I suck at taking pics.. But the olympus has a faster refresh rate than a lot of cameras... $289 on sale right now also
And I can set it for 12 seconds and throw it in the tank, without a $300 waterproof case,,lol.. any opinions??? I'm not totally sure on this yet because pc richard has a no return policy if I don't like it..

autoponicz

powered by MR
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
VR mean vibration reduction...
i started with a non VR lens and the pics came out pretty good...(but you gotta have steady hands or use a tripod..
but with the Vr lens...i see how much better it is without using a tripod..and makes taking a shot easier especially if your outdoors...im still a newbie but im very happy with the VR...now i wish the 18-55mm was Vr too because i need a fairly good distance for the 55-200 to take a close shot..

bob1000...whatever you choose...its what you want to do with it..and how far you want to take the hobby....so enjoy..just make sure the camera is safe for saltwater....lol

kamikazee83

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
After doing some extensive research I have decided to go with the olympus waterproof and shock proof camera... All I wanted was to see a serious polyp shot and I can get a 0.02mm macro shot with this cam without having to change lenses on the body.. I've seen Blackbeard's macro shot's and all I can say is wow.. He let me borrow his canon sx110is and I took some okay shot's, because I suck at taking pics.. But the olympus has a faster refresh rate than a lot of cameras... $289 on sale right now also
And I can set it for 12 seconds and throw it in the tank, without a $300 waterproof case,,lol.. any opinions??? I'm not totally sure on this yet because pc richard has a no return policy if I don't like it..

Having owned an Olympus DSLR the 520 to be exact, I was impressed with the quality of the pictures compared to the price of the cam. I would have to say its one of the best bang for your buck.

grknyer

Official Lurker
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Harry, Harry, Harry, there is no right or wrong. There's just correct (me) and incorrect (you) :tongueani

Enjoy that work of art. The D90 will find its way into my hands.......someday soon.

R
Russ you're to funny :D
I know you will buy it real soon. I Posted some new pics in the Nikonian thread to put a fire under your @&& to buy it quicker :lol2:

Marki is right. No more $$$ restaurants for you and your girl.This weekend is an exception though

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
LMAO, no restaurant this weekend either. Got her cooking ME a meal tomorrow. :party:

I'll go check out your pix.

R

Russ you're to funny :D
I know you will buy it real soon. I Posted some new pics in the Nikonian thread to put a fire under your @&& to buy it quicker :lol2:

Marki is right. No more $$$ restaurants for you and your girl.This weekend is an exception though

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: