partobe

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hi Everyone!
Im going tomorrow to pick up a co2 system I ordered. I really have no clue how to set it up. I mean Im sure I can out it together Ive researched on line and they dont seem that hard. I have no clue how much co2 I should be putting in to the tank how many hrs a day? I know there is a bubble counter but I dont know what that means? I think I should be putting in 2-3 bubbles per second? Im assuming I would just adjust the valve on the canister to increas or decress?
How do I know if its working?
I have a 36 gallon.
Thanks
Patrick

jeffvmd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
A drop checker maybe a piece of glass or plastic . Here is what one may look like but there are several designs of these.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sugexp=gsis,i18n%3Dtrue&cp=7&gs_id=q&xhr=t&q=co2+drop+checker&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1366&bih=643&wrapid=tljp1316367713692012&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi
It comes with a pH reagent and needs 4dkH solution for it to work (as most drop checker kits only have the pH reagent and you have to buy the 4dkH separately)
It shows CO2 levels via a color change on the pH reagent mixed with 4dkH solution.

CO2 diffusers usually are with ceramic discs/plugs that put out a really fine mist of CO2.
If you have an inline filter it is better to get or DIY an inline CO2 reactor.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: