al0ha

The Inked Reefer
what is that beautiful orange looking chromis with the blue ringed black spot? orange honey? and can coral banded shrimps or sexys go with peppermints?

Aquatic Life Direct

Advanced Reefer
Then i will be dropping by tommorow, Do you know how to sex the gobies? i would like 1 male and 1 female.
I have no idea how to sex the gobies....

Regarding the lamarck angel---

Certainly, it is a mature female that may be on the cusp of changing sexes. Scott Michael describes the G. lamarck as follows:

"Both sexes have 3-6 black longitudinal stripes, but in males the uppermost stripe is thin, there is a blue spot at the base of the pectoral fin, the pelvic fins are white, and the caudal lobes are black. Larger females and males have a yellow spot on top of the head that fades or intensifies during social interactions. Males often have long streamers extending from the caudal lobes as well." (pg. 275 Angelfishes and Butterflyfishes)

The coolest thing to come from this exchange is that it spurred me to take a closer look at the large female I got from you awhile back and she is in fact, very close to a true male now---the striping differences are almost complete and the blue pectoral mark is beginning to develop!!!!

I don't want to hijack your thread with this, but I find this stuff fascinating.
Great to know Randy! I just learned something new..lol

The acro pictured with the purple tips or blue tips.I want it.54.99?
Purple Tips...

what is that beautiful orange looking chromis with the blue ringed black spot? orange honey? and can coral banded shrimps or sexys go with peppermints?
The orange ones are the orange honey chromis. All the shrimps are in the same tank and I havent seen any agression between them.

wats the earliest time can i call the store?
Mike I just got your message... I will call you as soon as I finish taking care of the morning tasks....

Slamajamajama

Because Thats How I Roll.
TYVM, Aquatic Express!

I and a friend purchased a total of 9 fish from Aquatic Express..

5 Orange Honey Chromis
1 Palau Fil. Fl Wrasse
2 Yello Coris
1 Purple Fire fish...

all acclimated well, and were in good spirits and have great color, when they arrived via FREE DEL to brooklyn, even during the nasty weather we had...i took some pics of my friends fish in his brand new (cycled) set up (will post in tank threads). Will post here...thxs Alex and Co. @ Aquatic Express

Attachments

• DSCF2730.jpg
    DSCF2730.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 111
  • DSCF2733.JPG
    DSCF2733.JPG
    216.2 KB · Views: 112
  • DSCF2737.JPG
    DSCF2737.JPG
    259.1 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: