Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ok, so I posted about the cyanobacteria in my tank the other day and I appreciate all the posts and help. However I have a new question for the experienced guru's out there in MR. In the morning before my main lights come on there is no sign of the cyanobacteria, yet once the lights come on it comes out and is apparent in the LR and sand. Now my question is this, does cyanobacteria hide in the rock at night, or are my snails and crabs honestly eating it all up at night? Thanks for all the help. \

SFWBreefguy

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
It needs the light to survive and when it has the level of light it needs to thrive along with the nutrients it needs it will come back in force extremely fast. Is why you hear to find the source of the nutrients rather than just cutting back the light cycle and syphoning dead cyano out, once the light comes back it will too. You have to narrow it down one thing at a time till you get true results and youll have it whooped hopefully

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: