Livestock:

1x Ocellaris clown
Neon green star polyps
Galaxea
Green zoas
Pink Birdsnest
Pom pom xenia
Unknown (I think anthellia?)

I'm picking up small frogspawn and Eagle Eyes next week.

Any suggestions for rockwork or coral placement? I'm trying to get a pretty fully grown tank. Also looking for suggestions for new coral types, or anything that might be problematic?

*note: the clown is in here since it's only a baby. He'll get moved up later :)

Thanks!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait, you've only had the tank up for 3 weeks. That was a fast cycle.Get some rics and mushrooms.

It's been 3 weeks since I first put corals in. I let it sit and cycle for a little over a month to make sure everything was solid.

Rics sound like a good idea! Thanks!

Also: the lights are DIY LEDs. If anyone's interested, I can start a howto thread.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone! This is actually my first saltwater tank, so I was a bit unsure how it turned out.

great setup. im interested in the LEDs can you post a how-to

Sure, when I get a chance I'll put it up! I used 3 XP-G white, 3 XP-E royal blues, each color controlled with an LDD-700L Meanwell driver. Gotta love Mouser for cheap parts ;)

I actually bought the LEDs and the heatsink stars separately. I used a hand soldering iron to connect them, which was probably the most difficult thing I've ever soldered. I'd suggest spending the extra few dollars on the premade stars.

I'm looking to use an Arduino to control some TIP-type transistors to dim the drivers, since the drivers use a 10V line instead of the Arduino's 5V.

I'm majoring in CPE/EE, which explains my love for the electronics aspect of reefing ;)

Hi neighbor :) Off to a great start... watch that galaxea, agro hell. That's a big crab :biglaugh:
Hey there! I've been watching the galaxea, and it's got some pretty big stingers at night! The crab actually hitchhiked it's way in a snail package I got offline :biglaugh:

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: