Lone-Wolf88

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone,
I am new to the forum and am looking for fellow hobbyists that I can pick their brains about systems. It has been 20 years since I had a tank and am getting back in the hobby. I had a 10 gallon SW tank and the LFS said it could not be done but look at the hobby now... and how much it has changed. I am planning on a reef tank no bigger than 40g something that is manageable but able to maintain corals, anemones and a few clowns. I have always been facinated with clowns as they have lots of personality. I am debating on MH or LED lighting lots of info on the forums and it is all kind of overwhelming so I want to speak with local reefers that have experience with different setups. I am not really in rush but am considering a reef tank that is available locally. So if you live in the Tampa Bay area and want to share your setup and some time please contact me

Thanks in Advance
Rich

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:welcome:

Welcome back to the hobby. Sorry, Ican't give you an opinion on the LED lights, I haven't personally used them. You will probably get more educated replies than mine if you post a thread titled something like "MH vs LED" in the general reef forum.

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live 3000 miles away, but the internet is a nifty way to share experiences across vast distances :) If you can't find any local hobbyists, I assure you there's a bunch of people here willing to chat reefs with ya. Welcome back to the hobby!

Nemo2007

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in the greater Tampa area. I'm running a still maturing 72G bare bottom reef. Concerning your lighting questions, I would strongly consider talking to the guys at the Coral Corral in the Oldsmar section of town. Why? They used primarily LED lighting when they started their store. There must have been better than twenty 4 foot set ups over there tanks. They recently had them all removed because they had lots of problems with reliability. The lighting company allegedly provided them with excellent customer support but time needed for repairs became excessive. They now have metal halides over most tanks and T5's over the less demanding corals.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: