fr3sco

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey whats going on guys, you can call me fresco im new to the site and reef keeping and saltwater period. i started a 45 gallon reef tank im here trying to expand my knowledge of saltwater and reef keeping. any information u guys think that would be helpful to me i would greatly appreciate. i also have a fresh water setup 125 gallon african cichlid tank with a vampire pleco a chocolate zebra pleco snow ball and green phantom pleco....... looking forward to hear the suggestions u guys have for me

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Welcome to MR and the saltwaer side, is your tank cycled?

1. Patience is a virtue AND money saver in the long run
2. Get a RODI unit, if you don't already have one.
3. Buy within your means when it comes to lights
4. Stock the tank accordingly to coincide to the size of your tank. If anywhere you look online says minimum tank size is well above what you have, don't buy that/those particular fish(es)
5. Set up a QT if you can and have it on a seperate system than your display tank
6. Don't overstock, less is more so be very choosy when you buy your fish.

Good luck in the hobby and post pics when you can

AnthonyAce

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Welcome, your have come to the right site most are very helpful and thier insight will help you make the right decision. When I started I jumped right in and quickly found out I didnt have the time or money to do it the right way so I had to scale back from sps to lps/ softies and a few good fish. So the advice from jimmyr is spot on. good luck!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: