mbgrubb15

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
HEY MR,

I need suggestions on my next fish. I have a 25g cube. has 2 clowns and a goby and various corals. I did have a tail spot blenny but sadly he passed away.

The fish i really want is a Australian Tiger Blenny, but they are expensive and hard to find.
http://www.reefthreads.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/ddtigerblenny02-26-1102.jpg

anyone have suggestions on my next fish. maybe more of a swimmer because my two clowns have hosted my frogspawn and torch pretty hard.

thanks

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
His tank has not been running that long but I do think it can handle an anem. Everything in his tank is just blossoming he's got amazing growth on Corals and a lot of coroline spreading.

The anem is a great addition, or u can add a goby.

Good luck buddy!!

basiab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
Do you know why the tailspot died. When I got mine he would not eat anything. Someone here suggested veggie wafers and he really went for it. Now he eats everything but to begin with he was starving. Bi color blennies are also nice and easy to care for.
A royal gramma is a very nice colorful and active fish. Drawback is that once in there you are likely not going to be able to add another fish while he is there.

mbgrubb15

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
It was weird with the tail spot. he was extremely active and eating all the time. Then just one day i say to my girlfriend he is not looking too good. She then proceeds to make fun of me thinking i know everything about my fish. then boom the next day he died. so it lessend the blow since i proved her wrong lol.

i know he was backing up into this one hole to sleep at night and when he died a large hermit had taken over the hole and would not leave it. the hermit could have been snipping at him for a couple nights and then taken him out. ive talked to some people and they say that is not so impossible.

I think it was the hermit cause he was perfect up until that day.

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
First i would avoid the anemone in a small tank. They are a royal pain and will move 90% of the time. I wouldn't bother, they become a problem and will get huge.

There are so many options. If you have a top, which i hope you do.. the following would all work....

Fire Fish = Red,Purple, Helfriechi
Banghai Cardinal = dont swim much but very attractive in a reef , you can find yellow cardinals as well which are very attractive
Smiths Blenny - White blenny - always swimming Great addition
Tanaka wrasse - AWESOME! will swim around, cool as hell.
Yellow Clown Goby - Great ADDITON, these guys have great personality.
Chalk bass

plenty of blennys and gobies
Tailspot blenny - Love mine and would def suggest trying another. The majority of time mine eats algae and will pick on other small things

You could also get away with a
Blue Spot jawfish or
a midas blenny [they do get kinda big but your tank should be fine for one or the other]

ton of cool options in the nano department. [tanaka!!]

Last edited:

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
The hermit put out a hit on the blenny...

Not a fan of the Jawfish they like to make holes and move stuff around, check out youtube. I would go with a goby and a cardinal and finally a royal gamma.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: