shaun11423

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my tanks been up for at least 7 months now and i have a weird problem my nitrates are not going up at all since the original cycle. I did some research about the filter i am using and it seems the filter material i am using absorbs all the ammonia, nitrites and nitrates. But the thing is i check my water and it never goes up so i dont change the water and i feed alot. Three times a day with clown, fire fish, two turbo snails, coral beauty and corals.

So my question is do i have to change my water given that my nitrates are not going up and I maintain my correct salinity?

30 gallon tank with 30 gallon canister filter, with four yards of filter material

mellotang

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I would change the water. Its like changing the oil in your car, you go 10,000 miles without a oil change but would that be good for your vehicle? Its preventative maintenance, and it will replenish trace elements in the aquarium. In a 30 gallon things can go bad quick, better to prevent those things by doing water changes.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: