Snake Man

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well, i have a cyano bloom, lost a powder blue tang yellow eye tang and coral beauty to ich(think that my sailfin is next. my rio 2500 burnt up on my turbo floater 1000 and last night one of my built in overflow pipes came loose and dumped about 10 gallons in the floor. i think ishould live in the ocean that way i can still see fish since i cant keep them alive anymore! anyway im thinking about switching to a euro reef skimmer, any comments on their performance?

EmilyB

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, get some good carbon in there if your pump blew up, there's all kinds of crud to remove...

For floods, you'll never beat me, so give up trying. I have.

Hang in there, give some tank details, maybe you'll find a lot of us have been there.

Snake Man

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the tank is a 125 with 50 gallon sump,
ive finally got another 2500 on the skimmer and it's up and running again

danmhippo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
disclaimer: This is not a RIO bashing response, this is not a RIO bashing response, this is not a RIO bashing response.

Just a friendly suggestion, get another brand of pump, say Mag 7, in place of your RIO 2500. Use your Rio 2500 as a continuous PH only for water circulation, if you really have to use it, that is. How long have you had the old RIO? If it's less than 18 months, why are you getting another one of the exact brand and model? Other models of RIO is good, just not the 2500 and 3100, JMO.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: