funkmaster

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I had a bad ick outbreak and I treated me reef, while I was treating my tank I had to stop skimming and now I have algae in my tank that looks like hair algae but it is not green more like a grey hair ...does any one know what this is ???? And I also have a red algae not like slime more like small fuzz balls?????...so here is what I got I have bran new bulbs I run them for 9 hrs ....rodi with new filters and rowaphos in a reactor ......while I have had prob with phosphates in the past I just put a fuge in with 2 8 watt t 5 bulbs....fueled with cheto ....the fuge was running for about a week now and I don't see my main tank getting any better I'm out of ideas can some one help......will it just take time. to get better
Thanks eric ....

Last edited:

mr_X

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it's going to take months to see a difference. i would be increasing the frequency and amount of my waterchanges and if any of the algae is able to be siphoned out, i'd be doing that with each change.

what did you treat your reef with, that cured your ich issue?

funkmaster

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
kick ick ...it was said to be reef safe and it didnt work at all i lost about 10 fish ....iv been doing 5 gal water changes a day ...it seems to be a little better today i did a clean up with my diotom filter......is there such thing as your tank acting as a fuge ...and your fuge clean

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: