Panzz

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
has anyone tried pairing their clownfishes? and if you have why not share your experiences here so everyone will noe what to do and what not to do anyway I am also trying to pair my clownfishes.

wade1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a whole lot to it really... there are two methods:

A) Get one large fish (will be female unless kept in a captive situation with other fish) and then add a smaller fish (unsexed or male)... they will eventually take to each other.

B) Get two very small fish and let them sort out who gets to be female and who gets to be male. They will do so.

My pair started as one large and one small fish. Took a week or so for the larger fish to accept the smaller, but they have been laying eggs regularly for a year now. (Got them about 2 years ago)

Wade

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what wade said
:D

when trying to pair up maroons, however, method 'a' is the way to go-make sure there's a very noticeable difference between the male (best if under 2") and the female (best if 4-5")

i've prob'ly 'made' more than 300 maroon pairs while working at lfs's and only one attempt was unsuccessful after 15 min - i'm convinced the size difference makes it all the easier :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: