Cadiz.Jonathan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I purchased 3 peppermint shrimp to take care of my pest anenome and now I've caught it pulling hard on my frogspawn. Is it attacking it or cleaning it off? It looked like it was attacking it but I wasn't sure if it was possible cause I read they are reef safe.

Og Drogon

Freshwater monster
Rating - 94.1%
32   2   0
Ok so I purchased 3 peppermint shrimp to take care of my pest anenome and now I've caught it pulling hard on my frogspawn. Is it attacking it or cleaning it off? It looked like it was attacking it but I wasn't sure if it was possible cause I read they are reef safe.

Yep I doubt it, there's probably some dead arms (that's what I call the tentacles) I've never heard or read them doing that .....but hey you never know ;-)

Fix Your Fin Or Get Your Fin Fixed!

greenycrew

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I've seen peppermint shrimp bother zvoanthid polyps like that... Never a frogspawn though, but I am sure it is possible.
As far as attacking vs cleaning, I think a better word would be bothering. Will it kill the frogspawn, probably not, but the frogspawn will probably be a lot happier without the shrimp.

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
I have had them attack acans and chalices. They always went after the colorful acans first also, I hate Peppermint shrimp, and will never trust them again in a tank with coral.

I am not surprised to hear about them attacking your frogspawn....sorry to hear this and good luck removing them.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: