nyfynest22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
HEY EVERYONE WAS WONDERING IF THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO? IM IN THE MIDDLE OF UPGRADING MY TANK AND WANT TO KNOW WHATEVERYONE THOUGHT. I WANT THE PERFECTO BECAUSE ITS A 220 GALLON TANK 72X24X30. WHERE THE AQUEON IS A 210 GALLON 72X24X29 what do you guys think? would love to go bigger for 50 dollars more. also heard perfecto stands are better.

Galantra

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I would go for bigger, not much of a difference they both make good quality tanks. Aqueon is just the new name for AGA tank and perfecto been available for a while now as well. With concerns about the stands I really couldn’t say

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Aqueon is your typical bargain basement Walmart tank. They are the lowest end of tanks manufactured. Perfecto tanks are a very very good mass produced tank. The Perfecto RR tanks also include the overflow plumbing for their higher price.

I personally wouldn't even consider Aqueon for myself.

Russ

rickytsui

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
i will not get both i had perfecto leak on me 2x already in the pass and im using aga which is Aqueon i had to reseal the tank once =( if u gonna get a big tank u will want a better maker belivie u dont want to switching tank and stuff

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
Aqueon is your typical bargain basement Walmart tank. They are the lowest end of tanks manufactured. Perfecto tanks are a very very good mass produced tank. The Perfecto RR tanks also include the overflow plumbing for their higher price.

I personally wouldn't even consider Aqueon for myself.

Russ

Hmmm.. excluding RR tanks because I haven't seen many Perfecto RR's, my experience was opposite... at least 4+ years ago. I saw the Perfecto tanks had slightly thinner glass then AGA (i.e. I think 1/16" or 1/8" thinner on the 75g), and Perfecto also used less silicone where AGA would cover about 1/2" into both panes in the corner, Perfecto would cover between 1/4 to 3/8" into both panes in the corner.
I'm not sure if the quality has changed since Aqueon has bought AGA, or if Perfecto has stepped up the quality since, just speaking from my experience.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
The workmanship IMO is much cleaner on Perfecto than Aqueon. This is obviously an opinion based on personal preference. I like the look of the Perfecto tanks over the Aqueon. I've never had a Perfecto tank fail on me, so appearance is the criteria that matters most. If their manufacturing was inferior resulting in failure, then I'd have a different view. To each his own :)

N

nycoralguy

Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
I 've worked w/ a lot of tanks, I'm not doubting anyones opinion here, Aqueon(aga) is difinity better than perfecto. If you can find an older model oceanic, thats even better.

Stands, just find oak (wood), metal dosn't work well w/ salt.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: