DrHarryLopez

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
My pH has been rising over the last 24 hrs. Besides calibrating the my AC3 probe, what else could be causing my pH closing in on 8.5?

Could temp fluctuation cause pH fluctuation? is there a relationship?

I use randys 2 part, and have been using the same batch for the last 2 weeks.

phhigh%20(Small).jpg

DrHarryLopez

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
harry belivie it or not when the light turn off co2 level go up which will cause your PH to drop thats why some of us use kalk mix at night time for auto top off

I believe, but the tank is in my office. No one there except the fish :)
So far my pH is within a decent range 8.3-8.5, but I'm concerned if it goes higher. I tried kalk before too much precip in my tank.

thesauce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Have you calibrated your pH probe lately? You have to recalibrate it every 6 weeks or so. Mine also has a feature to control for temperature as a variable. So, to answer two questions at once, yes temperature could be part of the puzzle.

rickytsui

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
ok if your ph stay at 8.3 when the light turn off for a long time your good dude my goes down to 7.6 sometime when i have alot of fish but these days my 180 only have 12 small fish so my ph at night is at 7.8 or 8.0

DrHarryLopez

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
WOW one can not underestimate the power of CO2 in the home or whichever place you keep your tank.
Watching the pH swing in my office (thats where my tank is) I noticed when the weather outside is nice and we open the doors and windows my pH shoots n steadys to about 8.48. At night it drops to about 8.34.
Last night I had ordered the fight and had 20 guys in the office and the pH dipped to 8.3!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: