b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 87.8%
79   11   0
i am looking for ways to lower my ph without having to do a major water change. I checked my levels and there off the charts. according to the test kit it is 8.6+. I am running a 125 gallon sump with internal skimmer, a 75 gallon refugium all running my 240 gallon display tank. would a low tempertature or running carbon help lower my ph?

b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 87.8%
79   11   0
I figured 8.6 was high for ph. I'm just trying to find out what made my fish die so i can prevent any problems in the future. maybe the temp was to low for a blue hippo tang and my lionfish cause i imagine they like nice and warm temperatures

a guy from the lfs recommended i put a couple gallons of poland spring water to lower the ph since poland spring has a ph of 6.2

b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 87.8%
79   11   0
yes i tested for everything. ammonia was 0.1 but this is only a fowlr set up. everything else as far as nitrites and nitrates were low also. i am starting to believe it was the temerature that killed them cause my temp was really low. it was at 68-70

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: