RAYS REEF

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
My plans are to place hanging in back of sump,its the two little fishies phosban reactor 150.and i bought the media but its in a bag, never had a phosphate remover before,i think you suppose it take it out the bag,just wanna be sure before anything.....

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
You would take it out of the bag and place it in the reactor.
Make sure you rinse the media out before you use it. It will release a lot of dust. That stuff is also very hazardous to breathe.
When running the reactor make sure you adjust the flow so the surface of the media dances. If it tumbles, you will turn it all to dust and it will enter the tank.

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
If you were to leave it in the bag- there would be a lot less surface area of the media that actually touches the water. The water would only really make contact with the media against the outside of the bag. The rest of it wouldnt really do anythign for you. When its loose in the reactor and you get the flow right to where the media looks on the surface like its boiling there will bve a lot more surface area making contact with the water.

+1 on rinsing the dust from the media well before using it and trying not to breathe it.

RAYS REEF

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
so its running now i got it moving the media a bit not much movement in there about two inches of media inside.now where should it be placed in my refug/sump,,,,first slot for protein skimmer,second refugium then one bubble trap then return pump,what stage shud it be in?

RAYS REEF

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
sorry for taking long to respond..i recently cut off my uv being that everything was looking stable,i used to run it 24/7 but only turn it on wen introducing new live stock...and i put the reactor in my last stage where retun is..thankz guys

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: