ROGERWILCO357

michigan reefer sps
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I have noticed my corals loosing color and checked the phosphates and bam they are at .35 using the hanna meter. I have another tank with live rock , my 45gallon QT and that one is at .07 not perfect but alot better than the . 35-.40. My question is can i take my rock and water from one tank and empty the high level tank of its water and rock and swap without problems to the sps? I think my rock is leaching po4 and needs to be cleaned rinsed and put in the qt tank for cycling and p04 removal ..I have way to much rock in the display tank anyway ..I have been running the gfo for 48 hours and my phosphates went from 45 to 35 still wayy to high ..not sure what to do I could move the corals to the qt tank and work on the rock or phosphate issues but what do i do with the large tangs they wouldn't fit in the QT tank problems problems I have corals coming in another 9 days so need to figure out something I don't need them turning brown any ideas on how to handle this would be nice need some options I have missed . also how long does it take for them to color back up ? thanks any intel is appreciated.
Roger

Boomer

Bomb Technician (EOD)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First Roger, have you used any drugs in that QT. Second that QT probably does not have much going on in it and why the PO4 is much lower. If you swap thinhgs out I'll bet that PO4 goes back up until you get a handle on what is doing it, usually from over feeding and or high PO4 foods.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: