masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
I just wanted to post a few of the pix that daisy was so kind to take today.
Thanks for the pix daisy.

Russ

Attachments

• pipefish.jpg
    pipefish.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 219
  • clear mandarin(1).jpg
    clear mandarin(1).jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 219
  • Sarcophyton's.jpg
    Sarcophyton's.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 219

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
LFS & Dom, the Janns' has been in there since September '05, almost a year and a half now. He normally picks at pods all day, but he started eating frozen daphnia about 8 months ago. He's one of my favorite fish in the tank. Normally gets a lot of oooohs and aaaaahhhs from visitors too :biggrin:

Awi, scarf, Leslie & Liz, thanks for the thumbs up. See how it requires a visitor to take pix :rolleyes: I just don't do it on my own. My photo skills are less than acceptable :sad2: That's where daisy enters the picture ;)

Thanks again all,

Russ

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Those leathers always blow me away!

What's the scientific name of the fish? It's the same one you posted up about before right?

Reminds me of the those mature SPS tanks from Italy, but just Amercanized and with LPS.

Last edited:

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Thanks Q. Those leathers are very deceptive in the pic. EACH head is about 14" in diameter. They are huge and take up too much real estate :sad2:

The Janns' pipefish is a Doryrhamphus janssi. Very social and doesn't get into any trouble. Nobody in the tank bothers him. A model citizen.

Thanks for the kind words Q

R

BTW, yes, he's the same pipe that I've posted about in the past.

Domboski

No Coral Here
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
LFS & Dom, the Janns' has been in there since September '05, almost a year and a half now. He normally picks at pods all day, but he started eating frozen daphnia about 8 months ago. He's one of my favorite fish in the tank. Normally gets a lot of oooohs and aaaaahhhs from visitors too :biggrin:

Awi, scarf, Leslie & Liz, thanks for the thumbs up. See how it requires a visitor to take pix :rolleyes: I just don't do it on my own. My photo skills are less than acceptable :sad2: That's where daisy enters the picture ;)

Thanks again all,

Russ

Thanks Russ and Congrats! Beautiful tank!

MightyMike

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks really sweet Russ!
You said it was a model citizen, but does the Janns get harassed by anything else in the tank? For that matter, what else is in there with him?

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Thanks everyone.

Mike, the pipe doesn't get bothered by anyone in the tank. He exists in the same manner as the mandarin.....uneffected by his tankmates. Just a totally cool fish. Here's a list of his 'roommates':

hippo tang
kole tang
Ocellaris clowns (breeding pair)
mandarin
royal gramma
b/g reef chromis
wrasse (2)
Janns' pipefish

S

steveo32

Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
This tank is absolutely stunning in person. I think we should make it a class trip lol

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Thanks Steve, too kind. BTW, anytime you or anybody wants to come visit, my doors are always open....country living at its best :biggrin:

Arkady, that would be great, but we're going to leave you with something better....the chance to add your vision to it :hug: Thanks for the kind words.

R

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: