jbjints

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I was wondering if plate corals are known to move? My plate coral for the second time in 2 months has managed to move itself across the front of my tank to the side. I do not mind the plate being on the side of the tank as it is still visible. I am more concerned with its happiness and I want to make sure this is normal.

Thanks in advance,

Joe

rcharliesam

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Totally normal. They use a peristalsis type system to move themselves around. Make sure you feed it as well. Whatever you normally feed your tank is fine to feed it.

Also, keep an eye on it if it goes near other corals. My dendros and duncans beat mine up pretty badly at one point.

jgraz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Ive dropped everything imaginable on mine. The worst and heaviest were the non floating marineland magnet cleaners. Never phases it. Chipped it, but never phased it.
In fact the ones i have were found in the bottom of a live rock tank. The LFS guy told me they were dead coral. I literally just tossed them into a cycling tank(I had no idea they were alive) That night I found them puffed up. That was in september.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: