Freaked

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey people I just got my Mag 1200 and I have a question regarding my return line. Can I put the ball Value after the UV Light? Its pretty tight under my stand and I dont think I can get the ball value in between the Pump and the UV. Will this make a difference? Will it affect the UV light?? Please help Thanks in advance.

percula

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Youre running a mag12 for return and have it hooked up to your uv system? Is it not teed off? I would believe that the uv would be getting too much flow to be very effective. But... It depends on what you need the valve for. Restricting flow on the 1200 gph isnt too good. But ya know, I have one on my 12 I just dont use it.

jdeets

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
perc is right--if the flow is too fast through the UV, you won't get any benefit from it. UV units are generally connected using a "tee" from the return line with a ball valve to control the flow through the UV. If you're going to run it inline with your return line at 1200 gph, you might as well not even have it!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: