rfc

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this small rock that use to have yellow polyps on it. They have died off in 2 weeks and then I noticed I had these small brown lobes poping out of the rock during the day. At night they recede flush with the rock. They dont seem to be getting any bigger during the past 2 months. Can anyone ID?

Day
jukn2.jpg

Night
jukn1.jpg

I also recently noticed this small 6mm patch growing on another rock. Can anyone ID?

jukn3.jpg

Thanks in advance to all you experts :)

Regards

RFC

P

Pedro

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice pics RFC, they look almost like mini shrooms. I wonder what they are. Have you seen them do any damage? Pretty weird.

jenniebutterfly

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
:scratchch i am stumped. pretty cool looking though. if they aren't harmful that is :D can you maybe get a closer picture? i mean the one s you got were great, but i would like to see a real close up of them opened. whats wierd is from the sides you can see a syphon type tube, if you look at the ones from the top of the pictures

Breezp

Reef Geek
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
the 1st pic looks like a button polyp and tons of baby shrooms, do u have any mushrooms in the tank that could have spread eggs?

alti

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
first ones look cool, but i cant tell from the pic. the last one looks like siderastea. if it came on carribean rock im pretty sure thats it.

rfc

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone seems to be stumped on the first one. Here is a enlarged view.

jukn5.jpg

Maybe some kind of sponge ???

Thanks for the replys

Regards

RFC

P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Remind me to never trade with you, LOL, those things look like they can take off in a tank and become a pest. Is that only on that rock or do you have it elsewhere?

rfc

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone for the quick responses. I hope those shrooms turn out to be more than just brown in color. Pedro...that is the only rock that they are on at this time. I guess I will just let it grow out and see what happens.

thanks again everyone...reef on !

RFC

ralph

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry but the first picture looks like Aiptasia, that's no good and it will spread rapidly,
The second picture : don't know look's like shrooms.
ralph

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: