fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
I've since ditched the use of the elbow on the intake. I thing that it restricts the inflow and I just wasn't that happy with it in general. Now I use the plastic strainer piece, sponge removed, over the open intake. This is enough to prevent the pump from sucking in air in shallow water. I've gotten the sump level down to almost the intake before it begins to suck in air!

autoponicz

powered by MR
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
so far i have the sponge on too....first week with the pump running but plan to take it out soon.....is it true that the eheim will draw less wattage as i turn down the ball valve on the output side?....im finding the 1262 is a little bit strong for my sump.....im getting some microbubbles returning to the display......but need to know before i restrict it some more

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
I haven't hooked it up to a kill-a-watt but there's an anecdotal history of it. Calireef I think has a thread on here about it.

I would pull the sponge if you can, no harm in trying it with just the plastic cover. If you use a fuge you're negating part of the benefit of it. Pods will likely get trapped in the sponge.

ixTCxi

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Bringing back an old thread. Do they come in 3/4" MPT to 1/2" slip? I'm trying to plump my eheim to pvc but my return is 1/2" and the eheim is 3/4". Thanks

Update - found it at Lowes

Last edited:

PhoenixOne

"Drugs are bad...mmmkay!"
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow. Very old thread! :cool: I never thought about that sponge being a nitrate problem. I do sometimes clean it, but not as often as I should.
Thanks for digging up this old thread. I'll take my sponge out as well and see how that goes. :scratch:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: