Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair of Percula's and one is about an inch long and the other is about 2 1/2 inches long. They are twitching like normal but the bigger one's stomach is bulging out . I asked my LFS and they said that it isn't a sickness or disease. They said it could possibly be pregnacy but the little one is small and I dont kno if it can reproduce this young. What do you think. Do you think is is pregnant?

Morgman

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mark-

Your female clown is probably getting ready to mate and she is becoming full of eggs, aka gravid. Keep feeding your clowns at least 3 times daily and watch them for nest cleaning activities. As far as the age of the male I doubt that is to much of an issue. I had a male ocellaris clown fertilize a nest at 6 months of age. Its much easier for the male to be younger than the female(IMO).

I am not sure if you have seen this site but it has the most up to date info on clownfish breeding etc,

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forum ... forumid=36

Good luck-

Morgman

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saltwaterboy13":37wpge39 said:
Any body??

1" is typical for male Percs. They don't get big and it has nothing to do with age.

2.5" is big for a Perc. They do get that big I've heard but I haven't seen it. Could it be an Ocellaris?

Regardless, Are the pair pecking at a rock or flat spot anywhere? It's very likely that she's ready to drop some eggs.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: