jbjints

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
My two Black Clowns which were added Sunday haven't been eating at all other than the few pellets they munched on last night. I have been told to add some garlic extract to mysis shrimp and this should help.

I added less than half a cube of mysis shrimp last night without the garlic extract and they spit it out. I am going to mix half a cube of mysis shrimp with garlic extract tonight but I am not sure how much extract I should use for half a cube of mysis shrimp. What is the proper amount of garlic extract to use for half a cube of mysis? I'd appreciate any help and any other recommendations on what I could do to get my fish to eat. I am concerned that they may starve to death =(.

Thank you,

Joe

Aquarium Village

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Joe

If the clowns are t/r from Sustainable Aquatics they need to be feed the S/A Hatchery diet food. They are the pellets they were raised on. In a week or 2 they start taking other foods

jbjints

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Joe

If the clowns are t/r from Sustainable Aquatics they need to be feed the S/A Hatchery diet food. They are the pellets they were raised on. In a week or 2 they start taking other foods

Yes they are and I bought the pellets over the weekend. They finally took to the pellets tonight but they did not chase after pellets that floated away, they pretty much stuck to their corner and what was in front of them they ate. I am going to turn one of the Tunze's off during feeding time to make sure they get what they need. So in a few weeks I can try the mysis shrimp?

Thank you so much for the help.

jbjints

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
If you want to try some Cyclopeez or Nutrimar Ova to see if it will trigger the feeding response I will donate some.

I can meet you tomorrow evening.

Thanks a ton for offering the Cyclopees and Nutrimar, I truly do appreciate it. I am going to do as AV recommends and feed them the pellets as long as they keep eating them. I was semi satisfied with how much they ate tonight but they did not chase after any pellets that floated away. I am going to try the mysis in a few weeks and see what happens. Thanks again.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: