thetman36

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I am looking for a pump submersible or external i think submersible would be better to pump my Ro/Di water from storage barrels 60 feet to the DT through vinyl tube and would like to use the same pump to pump water from the DT to the waste line in laundry room 60 feet away. Height of tank is 68 inches and waste line is 5.5 feet high inside laundry room. I was hoping to find a pump that would start it's own siphon but is submersible not an issue

AnthonyAce

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
You could use just about any pump there isn't as much head pressure because its not lifting the water. I have a 30 foot run and i just use an old mag 5 i had laying around.

+1

I use an old pump with 3/4" line and run it about the same distance. The key is to make sure you drain out the water from the line after each use. You dont want old water that has been laying around getting into your tank.

thetman36

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Thanks all I think for my purpose i am just going to use a mag drive and flip it around to put water in and take water out. I need to save $$$ for my live stock. I might even use the mag to do some mixing of my salt kill 2 birds kind of thing. anyone have a mag 12 pond pump that should do the trick

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: