mskvarenina

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm setting up a new reef tank and am putting the sump in the basement. The supply is 1.5" flexible PVC, the return is 1" flexible PVC. I'm leaning towards a submersible pump.

I was looking at the MAG 24 which at 10" is 1100gph and 15' 720 or the Sicce Syncra 10 which is probably too big.

What have you used for this kind of distance?

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
stay away from mag pumps (they add heat and noise to your setup). Get something that can handle your situation and not add additional heat and noise to your setup :) Im thinking your best bet is going to be something external. What is your actual head pressure (the amount of feet it has to move up or wherever it has to go to return to your tank)

mskvarenina

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm, the Mag 24 just arrived today. It looks like I'm going to be getting a glass sump and I'm a bit nervous to drill it. With a drop-in it's much easier but yes I've been thinking about the potential extra heat generated during the summer. (the sump is in the basement which is colder in the winter so the extra heat may actually help).

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: