thetman36

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
need some input from some folks who have had these pumps a blueline 100 or 70 and a reeflow dart snapper or gold versions. I am looking for a powerful pump to run multiple reactors as well as chiller if i add one down the line. I also need silent operation as the tank is in the home movie theater room. the tank sits on a 36 inch stand and is 30 inches tall my bulkheads are 1 inch so i am going to up the pvc to 2 inches will have at least 4 90 degree bends and at least 3 reactors.

ecchybridLE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
U can go many routes. What chiller are u running? U plan on using any pumps inside tank for water movement? Reef tank or fish only? U could easily run a chiller and all your reactors off a low gph pressure pump. Being that most pressure pumps put out a lot more gph then stated IMO.

thetman36

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
it is reef tank i do not have a chiller yet the tank is new not up and running want to start out right so i do not have to change things later. Now i am hearing i should go with an Iwaki pump with Japanese motor my main concern is NOISE and Flow and Expandability into the system. i want no noise or as little as possible with little heat and high flow

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
reeflo dart without doubt, is a very quiet pump and moves alot of water, and do believe the new ones come with two different impellars for different flow, hands down the best external pumps made

reefoman

memberator
Vendor
Rating - 97.7%
126   3   0
it is reef tank i do not have a chiller yet the tank is new not up and running want to start out right so i do not have to change things later. Now i am hearing i should go with an Iwaki pump with Japanese motor my main concern is NOISE and Flow and Expandability into the system. i want no noise or as little as possible with little heat and high flow

Maybe you should try this for your big tank ;)

http://www.zeovit.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3426

Ziggy

PADI Instructor
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
reeflo dart without doubt, is a very quiet pump and moves alot of water, and do believe the new ones come with two different impellars for different flow, hands down the best external pumps made
You right new snapper hybrid comes with second prop,I was using this pumps for over 3 years until I got tired of replacing seals every year or so no mention heat.

ecchybridLE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
The red dragons are basically the same as the Atb flowstar pumps. I run an Atb flowstar 1500. It runs threw my chiller , but it's not enough pressure for my reactors. Probably could have ran reactors if I went with a higher gph model. Check them out worth every penny as they are super efficient and quite.

reefoman

memberator
Vendor
Rating - 97.7%
126   3   0
The red dragons are basically the same as the Atb flowstar pumps. I run an Atb flowstar 1500. It runs threw my chiller , but it's not enough pressure for my reactors. Probably could have ran reactors if I went with a higher gph model. Check them out worth every penny as they are super efficient and quite.

Well I'll not change my Red Dragon for ATB the model I'm using 4.5 comparing to ATB 1500 is 50% less energy consumption :)

SPotter

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
ive had both the dart and blueline 100 and personally I like the blueline better. its dead silent and I liked the 1" fittings better than the 2"/1.5" on the dart. the 100 is on my 315g dt right now and I have it choked back.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

ecchybridLE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
ive had both the dart and blueline 100 and personally I like the blueline better. its dead silent and I liked the 1" fittings better than the 2"/1.5" on the dart. the 100 is on my 315g dt right now and I have it choked back.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

are you running your frag tank and all your other stuff off the blue line? reactors ect, ect

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: