• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Guys, gals while I was away I changed my mind yet again.:lol2:

Here is what I did, I transferred 1Eye Jack to the 29 g. Cleaned up the 30 g added the 20 g wet/dry without the bioballs, then made like 10 trips up the stairs carrying 1 bucket of water out of the fowlr until I filled the tank.

All the fish are now residing in the 30 g at the top of my stairs. Now I have to add water to the 75, and put the lr back.:tired: :tired: :tired: :tired:

Hello Italian friend, don't forget we latins love our garlic also.:lol2:

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Here is what I've done as QT. I will HYPO for now so far I have not seen any signs of Ich on these guys which is why I chose to go this route. I will be reducing the SG to 1.007 very slowly by doing daily water change and droping the salinity by 1 unit, temp is being kept at 82 degrees. I will be running chemi pure in the sump to help with keeping the water clean & clear, as well as doing 5 g water change daily until July.

I've included pics of what I think is the cutest :flirt: QT I've ever seen.
And one of One Eye Jack the red ear slider my son left behind.:frown:

Any thoughts, or comments are welcomed.

Attachments

• QT tank 2.jpg
    QT tank 2.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 87
  • One Eye Jack.jpg
    One Eye Jack.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
10 days, went from 1.020 to 1.012 with temp @ 82. Absolutely no signs of ich, or any other parasite.
Lost the eel after all, due to it's Houdini acts.

This morning I reduced the SG to 1.010, and set the thermometer to 75. I don't think I should take the SG any lower then this since there has been no signs of illness.
What do you guys think? Also, I think the high temp was a bit stressfull reason why I've decided to start reducing it.

crox99

Audi Sport
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Awilda

You will need to reduce specific gravity/salinity over a 48-hr period, maintain the fish in hypo for 3 wks, then, over another 4-5 days bring the salinity back up to your main tank parameters. So, you are looking at another week in QT, in addition to the standard 3 wks. Hypo is a very precise process, however. You must get the specific gravity down to 1.009 and keep it there. It must not rise above that.

You are bring your salinity down too slowly.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Awilda
You are bring your salinity down too slowly.

I know, but they weren't sick. I did this because of the outbreak of ich back in February, and the fact that I intend to put a PBT in the 75 FOWLR. So, I want to make sure I kill anything that may have been left over from February. My puffer doesn't seem happy. With that in mind should I do another water change tomorrow, and bring the SG down some more? Right now it is at 1.010.
By the way the 75 fowlr is void of fish, but I thought I should at least feed a tid bit once aweak for what ever is living in the rocks. Is this correct?
Thanks guys.

crox99

Audi Sport
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
You have to bring it down faster so they fishes don't get stressed. It doesn't matter if the fishes were sick or not. I do hypo on all my new purchases.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
22 days at 1.010, and all is well in the QT tank. Boy, am I iching to put them back into the FOWLR. It's driving me crazy not having any fish in the 75.
3 weeks 1 day, I don't know that I can make it all the way to July.
Seriously! How long before the 75 FOWLR is safe? It was back in February that it got hit with ich. The fish in QT were not, and have not been sick. I have a PBT waiting at a friend's house waiting to come home. I am so tempted to p/u and put it in the tank as I want it to be the first fish to go in. It will be the only tang in this tank.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
The FOWLR has been at 82 degrees since I don't remember when. The only thing living visible to my eye is a lonely little hermit crab that keeps trying to climb the glass. I guess he is trying to escape.lol

How long does it take for these ich eggs to hatch anyway?:banghead:
Who's the one thats going to post? {Do a SEAARCH}:tongue1:

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
QT Updates!!

Sorry Wingo I don't know what happened to the lions pic. I'll get some tomorrow.

Attachments

• QTSHOTS054.jpg
    QTSHOTS054.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 57
  • QTSHOTS053.jpg
    QTSHOTS053.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 56
  • QTSHOTS052.jpg
    QTSHOTS052.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 51
  • QTSHOTS065.jpg
    QTSHOTS065.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 53
  • QTSHOTS066.jpg
    QTSHOTS066.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 57
  • QTSHOTS049.jpg
    QTSHOTS049.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 56
  • QTSHOTS050.jpg
    QTSHOTS050.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 57
  • QTSHOTS048.jpg
    QTSHOTS048.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 56
  • QTSHOTS058.jpg
    QTSHOTS058.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 57
  • QTSHOTS064.jpg
    QTSHOTS064.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 51

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: