AF Founder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Baalz,

It's had for me to tell if it's juvenile coloration or a different color morph, or even a hybrid. What is clear is that your specimen is badly emaciated. It is concave around its nape, not a good sign. I would try to feed it as much as it will eat. If it will take flake food, feed it plenty.

Baalz

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Terry,
Yes I knew he looked underfed when I bought him. But I watched him eat before I did so. Iv'e had him about a week now. Made a nori stick available for him and he is the first fish in my recently setup 180. Plenty of macro for him to chow on. In fact I am quite pleased to say he likes to eat sargassum and has already fattened up a bit.

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Juvenile patterns will differ from that of adults. That is, the striations will break up as they mature. However, seeing that your fish is already 4" long, I would guess it's not S.virgatus at all, but rather S.doliatus.

Baalz

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased a Siganus virgatus. He or she is about 4" long and still needs to be fattened up.. I was wondering if it still has juvenile colors and will change to its adult colors later.
Here is a pic of my fish and a link to a site with a pic of a slightly different colored one that I would assume is an adult. http://www.fishbase.org/Photos/PicturesSummary.cfm?ID=4624&what=species
DSCN4184.jpg

[ May 01, 2002: Message edited by: Baalz ]

[ May 01, 2002: Message edited by: Baalz ]</p>

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: