Nandez13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
246   0   0
I have 9 sexy shrimp in my nano which I introduced in sets of 3. For each set, they hid most of the time for the first couple days then got comfortable with the tank. If I could spot them in a crevice of the rocks, they wouldn't move much, now they're always out and about.

When you placed them in the tank, did you drop them in on the top? Or bring them down to the sandbed?

Jenna X

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
I used to have a pair. They hid for more than a few days but after that they were out and about during the day, always scavenging for food. Good luck!
Oh and just for reference they're both gone because of a mini cycle issue I had with my very first tank.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
They like to hang out near LPS or an anemone of some sort, but they are not obligatory anemone shrimps. They are the hardiest shrimps out there, and unlike cleaners and peppermints, don't eat each other during mating, so at one point I had a dozen of them. They will eat anything (didn't even need to feed them), long lived (at least a year) and always spawning (every 2 weeks), so I tried growing out their larval, but couldn't get them past the third instar. Anyway, they're my favorite shrimp who is constantly providing zooplankton into the reef. Only problem is I can't see how they'll survive in the wild, since they don't seem to have any way to defend themselves. The swinging tail is not scaring anyone away and eventually my wrasse and royal gramma ate one. After that the shrimps went really quickly. It was only a matter of time before someone eats them.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: