James

Zen-Reefer
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
What is the most cost effective yet functional wireless bridge I could purchase for my impending new Apex. My router is in my neighbor's apartment and I am the admin but there is definitely no chance of a permanent hard wire to the Apex without a bridge.

We use a Netgear N300 as our router.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take a look at netgear home theater router WNHDB3004 I have this unit for my tv and other devices that require a hard connection plus it gives you a signal boost. Its real easy to setup and I think on the rx receiver you have 4 ports rj45 so if you have a tv close by you can us that two to stream video.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
I bought the Apex jr and the wireless bridge listed above. (I'm pretty sure it's the same one anyway).

Are there any tips or recommendations/things NOT to do? I'm definitely not looking forward to setting this up, but I can't wait for the Apex controller to be up and running.

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Should be fairly straightforward. Setup Apex via hardwired first, then setup the bridge with a laptop connected to it. This will ensure connectivity by all devices. If you throw a new Apex on a new bridge, if there's an issue, it'll be difficult to troubleshoot what's not working properly. Post here should you run into any issues.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: