Spartanwarrior

Reefer Always Learning
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Hi All,

Question for a month newb to reef keeping. I inherited a BTA, well 3 actually, in my 65 gal aquarium. I'm looking to get sell 1, if anyone is interested, but that's not my question.

I recently arranged my live rock to EXACTLY where I want it, with copious caves and outcroppings I thought the BTA would love. One recently has to decided to move from outside the cave and is now interfering with some SPS that is unmovable.

Is there a way to physically move the anemone, entice him somewhere else, or bother it to move itself without disrupting the live rock? I've heard of scraping them off with a CC, but his foot is WAY back there and I can't reach it without moving at least 15 lbs of rock around, which I'd rather not do again.

Any help would be appreciated, so I can start gluing down some monti and sps that I recently got.

Z06-Hec

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
ice never worked for me tried a few times... One time i was even going to just break the rock one was on... Took the rock out of water and intended on cracking it in half with a hammer and chisel, on the first shock to the rock the NEM came right off... didn't like the vibrations...

Ryno

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on the power head pointed at him. The only problem is that you have no guarantee as to where he will move next. you may have to kind of build your tank around where your anemone ends up.

Lenny718

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
BTAs like most anemones are going to go where they want. I would say once it's been in the same spot for a few months you can try to rearrange your rock work but even then there's no guarantee it won't move again.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: