tangs_in_pacifica

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a crude pic of the types of refugiums I've been building lately. My last one was made from a 20Long, but my next is likely to a a 50 long or 60 long.

refugium1.jpg

A few additional points...

1. Make sure to use thick plexi for dividers. I didn't and I've got some warping... not a problem, just looks bad

2. Using an external pump, instead of a submersible, might allow more critters to pass back to your tank unharmed. Big pumps with slow-moving impellers are supposedly less harmful than smaller ones with fast-moving impellers.

3. If you're using a CPR overflow(s) like me, you might want to try converting your return pump to a Venturi. Then, you can attach the air-release hose directly to your sump return pump. This way, you'll NEVER flood the sump or the aquarium.... think about it???

4. Perform a critical sump-return modification by drilling a hole in the return line right below the tank water-level. This way, you can minimize the swing between the pumps-on and pumps-off water-level in your tank. I posted this mod. in another thread.

Hope this helps???

[ July 07, 2001: Message edited by: tangs_in_pacifica ]

McReef1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tangs in Pacifica~

If you are still out there, are you selling your refugiums? Your picture did not show up on my screen.

I have been looking for a good design or one to purchase and have had no luck! I do not want a hang on model.

Please email me at [email protected] if you have some info for me.

Thanks, McReef.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: