DREUTZ

Reefs R Madness!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
refer to this thread if interested in the back story:

http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/reefs-beginners/77128-anyone-have-sid-unit-rkl.html

A continuation of that thread... I went and bought a T5 fixture because I just needed to get my lights on after 3 days without so my corals didn't die. They sent me the new updater yesterday and tried it when I got home and no luck again! Called Digital Aquatics for the 20th time and told them what happened and they said they would go over codes that I sent them form the updater dialogue box. I brought everything into work today and updated the head unit first try. You will see in the thread that I was planning on using a different computer to try the update, but couldn't get in touch with friends to do so.

They haven't officially said, but they said it could be possible, but would have to do more tests and I'm convinced that the reason I couldn't update the firmware for the headunit correctly was because I had windows 7 on my computer at home. Once I tried it using XP at work it was fine. So just a warning to anyone trying to update the head unit with Windows 7. Don't try unless you have access to another computer that uses XP (possibly vista, but I'm not sure) or are prepared to go without a functioning RK! for a few days!

DREUTZ

Reefs R Madness!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
What errors are you getting when you're trying to flash the firmware? I've done RKL/SL2 firmware flashes off my Win7 laptop with no problems.

Maybe I'm wrong!

It kept saying to check to see if I used the right cable. I tried every combination of cable, Head unit and SID that I had and nothing worked. Then tried to restart computer several times, uninstall programmer and then reinstall, I tried different sequences of programing that Jack from DA was telling me to do on the phone. Nothing worked.

Lights are up and running now. Maybe it was just my computer:type: if you have done updates with your W7 laptop?

Oh well thought I had breaking news! haha

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Maybe I'm wrong!

It kept saying to check to see if I used the right cable. I tried every combination of cable, Head unit and SID that I had and nothing worked. Then tried to restart computer several times, uninstall programmer and then reinstall, I tried different sequences of programing that Jack from DA was telling me to do on the phone. Nothing worked.

Lights are up and running now. Maybe it was just my computer:type: if you have done updates with your W7 laptop?

Oh well thought I had breaking news! haha

Dreutz did you try to do the update on the head unit I had given you before using it?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question is there a reefs web site for each city because I just located on for the bostonreefers.com and there layout is just like this one the reason for me asking is Im having problems with there admin . I set up my account just like I did on this website but when It came down to make my first post it says I can that Im waiting for my account to be activited even tho I all ready did so with my email verification email idk? please help Im trying to contact a member to get my tank but I have no way of specking with him I've sent out like 10 messages contact the web site no reply help is you can .

Killerdrgn

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I have a question is there a reefs web site for each city because I just located on for the bostonreefers.com and there layout is just like this one the reason for me asking is Im having problems with there admin . I set up my account just like I did on this website but when It came down to make my first post it says I can that Im waiting for my account to be activited even tho I all ready did so with my email verification email idk? please help Im trying to contact a member to get my tank but I have no way of specking with him I've sent out like 10 messages contact the web site no reply help is you can .

Why didn't you just create a new thread for this, and yes Boston reefers uses vBulliten too. I think you can pm someone like mauroD or greg hiller. But the quickest way to get real access to the site is to actually participate on the site and respond to the posts. Why don't you create a new to bostonreefers thread and post a couple of times in there.

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Yeah you silly ass- I gave you the head unit to plug it in and program the outputs with the old software!!! LOL was to get your lights at least working not to update it- to get a working head unit to light your tank and that way youd be able to finagle with the one you had the trouble with and swap the one I gave you out with yours with the new software! OYSCH KAVOY!!! lol

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Yeah you silly ass- I gave you the head unit to plug it in and program the outputs with the old software!!! LOL was to get your lights at least working not to update it- to get a working head unit to light your tank and that way youd be able to finagle with the one you had the trouble with and swap the one I gave you out with yours with the new software! OYSCH KAVOY!!! lol

Hahahahaha.....this is great....Dan, you are a silly goose...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got throw but I had to pay for the member ship which is ok I get 10 % off things I get throw the sponsers but I was kinda hoping to avoid that owell Im here now ! watup dog . lol

DREUTZ

Reefs R Madness!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0

HAHA I wasn't sure what you were asking. I was expecting something to be wrong with my head unit so I just tried to update the one you gave me, but wound up screwing myself even more!! haha oops... thanks again though

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: