E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Pyramid Butterfly's (Hemitaurichthys polylepis) are a nice fish, need room though they can get pretty big

These are beautiful too. Some have had luck with the long nose as well.

What corals do you have? There's a thread on RC called butterflies in reefs (or something similar) where a few butterfly experts have been experimenting. Tons of good info there.

sunny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
68   0   0

What corals do you have? There's a thread on RC called butterflies in reefs (or something similar) where a few butterfly experts have been experimenting. Tons of good info there.

My Pyramids were coral eaters. However, most are reef safe I have heard.

Bry17nyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0

I like the pyramid BF
I have a mixed reef polyps softies Lps sps anemone clams
1 feather duster
A small colony of small feather dusters

Archreefer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 72.7%
8   3   0
I have a pyramid in my mixed reef with no issues, I even have tons of feather dusters and it isn't even eating those. Also it is the biggest pig in the tank went it comes to feeding eats everything.

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
There have been copperbands and long nose butterflies in my reef over 30 years, I never had a problem with either of them.
PVCrock003.jpg

Aquarium014.jpg

IMG_1193.jpg

Jan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had Hemitaurichthys polylepis with no issues in my mixed reef. Also had a Chelmon rostratus that I had to sell because it loved ripping my Trachyphyllia apart.

Reef safe BF - Chaetodon auriga, Hemitaurichthys polylepis and Heniochus diphreutes (you really need to know how to tell the difference between this one and H. acuminatus. HA are not reef safe)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: