reeferguy1

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using a 65w Custom Sealife britelite and it is working okay.I have had good luck with vho's with one 50/50 and two aquasun's.I have not had very much luck using a standard single bulb ,so I would use at least 2 or more standard output bulbs.
Laters
reeferguy
icon_cool.gif

oyster

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for macros only in a refugium, PCs or NO flora tubes will do just fine. VHOs and MHs are an overkill. actinics are not needed here as they assist very little to photosysthesis.

Playfair>be it plants, inverts or fishes, they need time for adjustment. give them sometime to convert from 24/7 to reverse.

i guess both way works, just a matter which is better. i advocate reverse...at the same time it also cuts down on electricity bills.

ryddo

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now the real question, what type of lighting do you recommend for the 24/7 refugium?
icon_confused.gif
I have been thinking about a MH but not sure if that will be too much. Will regular strip lighting be enough if you are going to keep only algaes?

JG

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I'd like to kinow about the lighting too. Will a LOA 65w PC kit be able to handle being lit 24/7?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just switched my refugium lighting and it works better than expected. I bought another IceCap ballast and use the old lamp when I replace bulbs on the display tank.

I'll bet using the old MH lamps would be even better....

playfair

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am I the only one who's had macro go sexual on 24/7? I used to be a firm believer in full time light, now I do reverse. Like GreenLincon, the FIRST night I went reverse I lost a bunch of algae, but it's been a few months now and all is well. I do notice faster growth BTW... Maybe it needs some adjustment time?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: