DA Mini reefs

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone used the area [in a large CPR Backpack] where the bioballs were and the return into the tank is, for a refugium? If so, what is required? eg. lighting, sandbed, live rock,etc. I want to use it to grow food for corals mainly and perhaps a purple tang. My 75gal. tank has been going for allmost 3 years and the Backpack is only being used as a skimmer now, no bioballs,carbon or phosphate sponge. So I was thinking of useing this area for a refugium. :)
David

DA Mini reefs

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Seamaden,
Thanks for the reply. I don't seem to be able to find specific info on Refugiums useing a Back Pack anywhere in the sites you suggested. Is there a specific address I could go streight to? Any help would be much appreciated. None in Australia seems to anything about Refugiums at all !! :D

JohnD

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I have been running a BakPak for a number of years on one of my smaller tanks. In the area were the bio media was, I removed the media and placed my heater and grounding probe.

IMHO, the 2.5 inch by 3.5 inch by 17 inch (total depth from top to bottom of the BakPak) is not suitable for a 'fuge.

Of course, you may get it to work. I would say you are probably better off with a dedicated, real fuge.

That is just my $.02. I hope that helps.

Regards,

JohnD

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: